Share buttons

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Saturday, June 30, 2018

It is time to stop feeling sorry for myself and start training again.  I am doing something different this time. I have an online coach through Run Better Academy. It is going to be really strange giving someone else control, but I am excited about working with Coach Matt DeBole.

Here is a snapshot from their webpage:

To begin with, I filled out a pretty detailed questionnaire that also had an open ended portion that allowed me to express any concerns. In just a couple of days, Matt contacted me and added me to a training portal. I can see my daily workouts, input what I actually did and communicate with Matt.  It will be great having someone hold me accountable when it comes to doing specific exercises. Matt is a physical therapist and an accomplished runner, so I am going to hand over the reigns.

Today was my first workout. It called for 80 minutes of running. I usually do a trail run on Saturdays and that would have worked out for the 80 minutes, but I just didn't have time to drive to the trail. I have a nine mile route where I run to a water fountain & back. I don't carry any water.  My first question for Matt is can I keep doing that route or should I concentrate on not stopping at all? I did a tabata at the end, so I guess that I will have to get approval for the that.


No comments:

Post a Comment