Share buttons

Monday, December 20, 2021

30's Shuffle Workout

I ran the #StrydWow Workout of the Week to try a little bit of speed on these post marathon legs. This weeks workout is the 30's Shuffle. It was my first quality run since CIM.

The run took a while to build in the Garmin app. I'm sure it would have went smoother with the Stryd workout builder, but I don't pay for a Stryd subscription.

The warmup called for 3 minutes of faster running near the end. That is something that I normally don't do, but I think I will start adding it as a regular thing. I felt ready to go.

The workout itself was (5) 30 second intervals at 104-107% CP (approximately 5K pace),  with 30 second recoveries,  followed by 3 minutes at 92-96% CP (approximately marathon pace) with a (1) minute recovery after. This was repeated 3X for a total of 15 fast repeats and 9 minutes of faster sustained running.

I basically screwed it up a little bit. You can't tell at all by looking at the paces, because the run was on rolling hills. The paces are all over. During the run, I thought that I was right on with the 30 second repeats, but when I downloaded the stats, a few were slow. When I looked my watch during the run, they were fine, but I think it took me too long to get up to the correct power. I circled the slow ones in yellow. Some of the repeats were too fast as well.

I ran all of the 3 minute repeats too fast. I should have been going for something like 203. For some reason, I thought that I was suppose to run them at 221. I circled that in red.




 I'm going to do this run again, because I know that I can nail it. It was hard, but not overwhelming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment