Share buttons

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

TU, 6/23/2015 - LONG RUN

Breakfast:  half of begal, egg, banana & coffee.

I'm still sore from Sunday's P90X3.

Today was my longest run that I can remember.  I didn't plan to make it my long run, but it ended up that way.  I started out with Tony for a 5 mile hilly, loop in Orcutt.  Our pace was slow, but the hills were pretty intense.

I stopped at home to drink a glass of water and about 6 oz. of grapefruit juice.  Then, I continued my usual 11 mile route.


I thought at first that I would just run 5 or 6 miles, but I was unable to speed up the pace to a 9 minute mile.  I felt pretty strong running slow, so I made it a long run instead.  I made my usual stop at the hotel, and I managed to speed up my pace for about three of miles.  I lost focus (thinking) and realized that I had slowed down.  I wasn't able to get back up to an easy pace.  At the 76, I started to slow even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment