Share buttons

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Bull Canyon Run 2016 Race Report

The Bull Canyon Run has suffered from declining entries for a few years.  I can't figure it out.  It is a great race.  The weather is always fantastic.  The course is amazingly fast, and the race is always well organized.

Unfortunately, I ran while I was sick this year.  The race started on-time, as usual.  I can’t remember how I felt while I was running, but I couldn’t have felt too terrible, or I would remember.  The only thing I really remember about the race is that I tried to encourage a young racer on the home stretch.  I told him to stick with me or something like that.  He said OK and did stick with me for most of the last mile.


I finished second female, which competitively is the best that I’ve done in this race. Below is the info from athlinks.


After the race, the AG winners stand on a podium, get plaques and are recognized.  Everyone is happy and chatty.  The ladies tried to chat with me.  I fear that they think that I was stand-offish.  I didn't want to say anything, because I knew that the moment I spoke, I would start coughing uncontrollably.  After the race, initially, I couldn't stop coughing.  While I was on the stage, I happened to have 2 minutes of relief, but I knew if I spoke I wouldn't be able to control the cough.

The woman standing next to me told me that she was glad when she heard that I had moved up in my age group.  That made me smile.

I have been trying to sub 22, again, for a long time, but I was, honestly, so sick I couldn't enjoy it much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment