Share buttons

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Double Wednesday, 2/21/2018

Yesterday, I just wimped out. It was cold and windy, and I didn’t want to run. I could give excuses, but that was what it came down to. I’m nine miles off for the week,  and I missed a hill training. I think I can live without the hills, because I did just race 13 miles of hills two days ago, but I’m making up the mileage today with a double.

Part I

I ran this morning (5 easy miles), and boy was it cold. My fingers were in pain.  I have Raynaud’s, which just means that my fingers and feet get colder than the average person’s.  It was fun, though, because I ran without my watch. No watch = no worries. I love running without a watch, but I rarely do it, because there is usually some goal to be reached, or I need to know my distance. The best thing about doing a double is that at least one of the runs is truly easy. I call an easy run one that I run at an easy pace. It doesn’t have to do with how I actually feel. When I do a double, however, I want to run one of the runs at a pace that feels easy. The only way I can truly do that is to either not wear my watch at all or hide it from myself in some way, so no watch this morning.

I didn't have time for breakfast, but I packed some extra sweet potatoes last night to go along with my regular lunch. I tend to generally not eat enough during the day to fuel afternoon workouts, so planning makes a world of difference.

lunch #2

Part 2

I ran 12.5 miles this afternoon. The weather was a bit cool and windy. I wore a pack loaded with tailwind and carried gloves. Overall, I felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment