Share buttons

Monday, February 5, 2018

Review Easy Monday, 2/5/2018

Sunday was supposed to be an easy day of 9 miles, and I did exactly nothing.  How in the heck am I supposed to make up 9 miles.  I guess I can't, but it was Super Bowl Sunday...I just didn't feel like running, and I haven't a good excuse.  I'll try to get it together and do a double on Tuesday.

I had nothing for lunch, and I came home and gorged on junk food.   My 10.5 mile run was fueled with potato chips, tortilla chips & salsa. Let's not forget the vitamin water. Despite my ridiculous fueling strategy, the run was fine, and it resulted in two reviews.

First, I finished an audio-book: Light Falls: Space, Time, and an Obsession of EinsteinLight Falls: Space, Time, and an Obsession of Einstein by Brian Greene
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a very short audio-book that attempts to make Einstein's theories accessible to a layman. In truth, I didn't understand anymore about Einstein's theories than before I read the book, but I did enjoy listening. The narration was good, and the historical anecdotes were very interesting. It's a good book, but hardly amazing. It only scratches the surface of Einstein on any level: academic, professional or personal. I do think that anyone who reads this will have an idea if they want to seek out another book about Einstein. Be warned though, Einstein was a pretty terrible husband and father, so if you want to keep him on a pedestal, stop now.

View all my reviews

Second, I got a chance to tryout my plan for the Nathan SpeedDraw Plus Insulated Flask (18oz.).


I have been trying to figure out a way to carry my obnoxiously big phone.  My master plan was to pack tailwind powder in a pocket, carry the phone in its pocket, but put no water in the flask.  When I hit a water fountain around the halfway mark, I filled up the flask with water and added the tailwind.

The verdict is mixed. Without water, it's perfect.  With water it is very heavy. I can carry this on an easy run or recovery run, but never on a more difficult workout. I'm one step closer to fixing my phone problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment