Share buttons

Monday, February 26, 2018

Wow Exercise Monday, 2/26/2018

I'm Issuing a Challenge! (end of post)

My body is feeling the training. My quadriceps and right knee aren't quite right, and my hips are aching a little bit. That doesn't sound good, but usually if I get down to doing my hip exercises, regularly, everything gets better. So, I did my hip routine today.  It is difficult, but I don't think that it is an overstatement to say that doing the routine consistently changed my life. At the end of 2016, I found myself with pain in my quad that I just couldn't ignore. I thought that it was highly unlikely that I had a stress fracture of the femur, but at took an MRI to really rule it out. While the PT and I were waiting for the insurance to approve the MRI, the PT decided that we were going to work on my hips. I hadn't even bothered to tell the doctor or the PT that my hips had been hurting for years.

About a week after starting this exercise regimen, my hips stopped hurting completely, and the pain in my quadriceps disappeared. I started out with all five exercises for a minute.  The routine is hard.  No matter how much I do it, it doesn't get much easier, but it has helped me tremendously. My problem with the routine is that I don't get motivated to do it regularly until I'm having a problem. As soon as I feel better, I do it less and less. It should be a regular part of my training.

I did a short video for a Skirt Tv challenge demonstrating the routine. Here it is.



Challenge
What is your hip routine? I have a challenge for you in the month of March. It is to do hip exercises regularly during the month. Do whatever exercises you like to do. Do as many repetitions as you like. The terms of the challenge are: #1 Do hip exercises, #2 Do them on a regular basis throughout the month of March. Any takers??



3 comments:

  1. My hips are so tight! I have done all of these at one time or another. I just need to be consistent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do it! I'm going to try and really commit to some consistence in March.

      Delete
  2. I agree, these are so helpful in preventing injuries! Great set! I haven't seen exercise #2 before - good to know!

    ReplyDelete