Share buttons

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Easy Tuesday, 2/6/2018

When you are trying to make up 9 miles in two days, it can really be a grind.  I skipped my workout Monday, so that put me 9 miles behind. On Monday I ran 10.5, so today, I needed to run 15 miles including VO2max intervals....good grief.  Why in the world did I put myself in that position?

The alarm rang early, and up I popped pretty easily for a 9.35 easy before work.  I had a scoop of Ucan before and eggs and toast after.  I felt pretty good at first, but I was dragging at the end.  I packed a double lunch to try and fuel for intervals after work.  I had a dehydration headache all day.

When I got home, I was all set to get those intervals and catch up, but the plan was derailed by a family emergency.  There are a whole lot of things more important than training, and, today, one of those things took precedent.  I'm still behind six miles, and I missed my intervals.  Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, but I still haven't decided if I will run at all or take the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment