Share buttons

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Week 3: Day 16 Patellofemoral Joint Replacement

 Thursday, 6/15/2023

Today is supposed to be a sort of rest day. My PT told me to only do ROM exercises and to limit my walk to 15 minutes. It ended up being a pretty weird day.

Yesterday, I didn't take the Celebrex. I took ibuprofen instead. I think the Celebrex gives me a headache, so I was experimenting. I took the Celebrex, today and promptly got a rash. The rash is near were I use the e-stem, so it could be from the drug or it could be an allergic reaction to the stick stuff on the e-stem unit. Who knows. I think that I'm going to stay away from Celebrex for a while an try to get a prescription for ibuprofen.

I got some X-rays today which gave me an up and personal look at the hardware. It's pretty interesting




Pain today was really weird. It was basically moderate with strange waves of acute pain every now and then. I did get a good night sleep last night.

I tried some new exercises. One I thought up on my own. The other, I found on the internet. The one I thought up is very hard. I lay on my back and put a strap under my hamstring and pull my thigh up to a 90 degree angle. I let gravity pull on the bottom part of my leg creating an angle. It's quite excruciating actually. I did it in the morning, and in the afternoon, I made a complete rotation on the upright bike. I thought I was so far from ever being able to do that just hours before I did it. I was so happy that I shed a tear. There were real wet eyeballs involved. I doubt that the progress on the bike was due to the new exercise but you never know.





No comments:

Post a Comment