Share buttons

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Hill Repeats Wednesday, 3/28/2018

Elevation Profile
Yesterday, before work, I did 7+ miles of hill repeats. The workout is simple. Run up a half mile, then jog down a half mile. I took a scoop of Ucan about 1/2 hour before I left the house, but I couldn't find the container that I use to mix my tailwind. I could have taken straight water, but I was running out of time and tired of thinking about it, so I left with nothing.

My repeats were not as fast as they were last year. The first one was really slow (7:41). I think that I am going to attribute it to the cold. I wasn't as warmed up as I usually am, and it was really cold. The others were acceptable: 7:26, 7:29, 7:28, 7:36. During the last two repeats, the sun rose, and I was blinded running up the hill. I had 7 on the schedule, but after the 6th, I really needed to head home, because I was running out of time. I decided to use a hill on my route home to serve as my last repeat. The last repeat was steeper, slower and shorter (7:45).


I fully intended to run a double, but I was super tired. When I got home from work, I said to myself that I would lay down for a few minutes, and I fell asleep.  I slept all night as well. I've been very tired lately. It may be nutrition.

I will run easy this afternoon.  I'll report tomorrow on the miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment