Share buttons

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Saturday Easy Fueled by Positivity, 3/10/2018

I go up early to beat the rain and ran a little over 13 at a slow as molasses pace. I had a bagel, banana and coffee for breakfast, and I felt fine throughout.  That ended another 60 mile week, and I got all of my SOS workouts in this week.



Fueled by Positivity Bi-Monthly Recommendation:

When I’m doing marathon training, I’m constantly looking for inspiration in books and videos. Skirt Tv produces short inspirational videos, in a talk show format, under a category called “Fueled by Positivity.”  This week, I am recommending the Fueled By Positivity – Not Your Grandma’s Instant Coffee.  This episode isn't so much inspirational as it is practical. In it, Nicole DeBoom interviews Alex Hanifin. She is the co-founder of Alpine Start which is a company that makes instant coffee.  I only drink instant coffee on two occasions.  One is when I'm backpacking, and the other is when I'm staying in a hotel room for a race that doesn't have a coffee maker. Though I don't drink a lot of instant coffee, I sure would love to find a yummy tasting one. That was my initial reason for watching the video, to find out more about the coffee. I, definitely, want to give it a try. I just got my rebate check from REI, so I'll get some when I order something and let you know how I like it.

Skirt Tv would like to know the kind of programming you would like to see.  Let them know by completing their What do You Want To See on Skirt Tv Survey.

While you are looking around,

please consider a donation of any amount to Ventura Land Trust.  After the Thomas Fire and subsequent rains, our trails are in desperate need of maintenance and rehabilitation.  VLT is at the forefront of that work.  I’ll be raising money for VLT during my marathon training for Mountains 2 the Beach marathon. I have several signed copies of Running the Edge:  Discovering the Secrets to Better Running and a Better Life. I’ll gladly send one to the next few people who donate to VLT.

No comments:

Post a Comment