Share buttons

Friday, April 6, 2018

Easy Friday, 4/6/2018

Training was light today. I have a half marathon tomorrow, so I dialed it back with an easy 7 Honestly, it was tough. I didn't want to run. I have been working toward this goal of an 80 mile week. It is within reach, but this slow run was not at all what I wanted. My legs were heavy. Frankly, it was a bit miserable. Everyday can't be fantastic. It's done and unless I fall off a cliff, I'll hit 80 miles tomorrow.

In a couple of hours, I'm going to packet pick-up, so I may post again today.

Fueled By Positivity Recommendation
I'm not sure of the future of Skirt Sports Fueled by Positivy segments on SportTv, but I have enjoyed them. I have one more recommendation for you. It is the the Feb. 12, 2018 Episode: How to Live a More Optimistic Life with Dr James Rouse. The best thing that I got from this episode is the notion that optimism is anti-inflammatory. As a runner, I take turmeric and eat pineapples. I always looking  to reduce inflammation. It turns out that optimism not only makes you feel good emotionally, but also, physically, in specific ways. Dr. Rouse gives specific suggestions for increasing optimism. About 2/3 into the episode,  Dr. Rouse talks about Skoop, his brand of nutritional supplementation. I have never used Skoop, so I can't provide any additional about the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment