Share buttons

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Marathon Pace Thursday 4/12/2018

Last week was a 85 mile week, but the miles and the race took its toll. I had to take Sunday off. I was really sore, and I probably needed a mental break. I had to really bring it in order to reach 85 miles last week.

At the end of the 25k, I realized that instead of a PR mileage week of 82, I was pretty close to 85. I ran to the parking-lot in  order to get as many miles as I could muster. There was no internet connection on the Ranch, so on my way home I stopped the car and uploaded my last few runs to see if I had made it. I had run 84.8. I had no choice. After all I had been through that day, I was going to get that last half of lap. I had two problems. My feet were wrinkled prunes. My water-proof socks had filled up with water, so each foot had its own personal swimming pool for 4 hours. Second, my legs hurt. They legitimately hurt with each step. I pulled into a neighborhood and pulled over. I put on some dry shoes with no socks and hobbled up and down the street. Mission accomplished, thank goodness.

The next day (Sunday), I was very sore, so I took the day off from running.

Monday 4/9/2018
Monday, I was still extremely sore. I ran ten miles at an excruciating snail's pace.  I say excruciating, because everything hurt. I thought that I would run 12 when I set out, but there was no way. The only reason I ran 10 was, when I finally accepted how bad my body was hurting, there was no way to get home. If I would have had my phone, I would have called my husband to come get me. I did some stretching and used the roller. It was a painful, unpleasant day of training.

Tuesday 4/10/2018
I was up late the day before, so when my alarm rang, I didn't get up. I was also gun shy from yesterday's fiasco of a training day. By the afternoon, my foot was hurting a little. I decided to take another rest day.

Wednesday 4/11/2018
Wednesday is my scheduled rest day. I don't want to take any chances with this foot, so I gave it one more rest day.

Thursday 4/12/2018
I know that body needed some time off after that race. I was back at it today with a 9 mile MP run. It was tough, as usual, but I ran the perfect MP on a hilly course with a tiny bit of a headwind.

As for SOS runs, I'm down a strength run for the week. I'm hoping to fit it in on Saturday.

I wanted to run a double today, but my body is so sore! My mileage is going to suck this week.

Skirt Sports Challenge
You know I love Skirt Sports, and I love challenge, but this dag-gone poetry challenge is hard! The lioness is one of my favorite skirt. I'm wearing it at the top of the blog. Here is my "Ode to the Lioness."

Lovely legs stretch
Ice bags packed
Occasional chases
No time to be wasted
Early trials prove
Spectacular races
Sore legs, but happy faces

If you would like to try the lioness, feel free to use my discount code. It provides 15% off any full priced item. The code is 825Sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment