Share buttons

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Fueled by Positivity Marathon Pace Thursday, 4/5/2018

Today's Training
Today's training was a beast. I ran 8 at marathon pace with some serious hills, and then 8 easy. Including warm-up, I ran a total of 16.65 miles. The MP run was very difficult. I was running against a headwind for the entire time, and I probably started a little dehydrated. I had Ucan before I started, but I carried an empty handheld that I could fill up after the MP portion, so no water during the run. The 8 easy were extremely difficult. I stopped something like 5 times to give myself a pep talk. I'm at the 60 mile mark for the week and honestly, I'm exhausted.

I lost my super expensive Oakley Commit sunglasses. I bought a cheap pair of Goodr. I can't lie. No matter what anyone says, they don't perform as well as my Oakley's, but they were close. During an easy run, I'm sure they will be just as good.

During the second half of the run, my legs had an overall pain. It felt like the pain you get all over near the end of marathon. The pain wasn't localized. There was no particular injury, just general pain.
My legs are truly unhappy with me. I've got twenty miles to go, including a half this week, so I've got some rehab to do. I soaked in the spa, used the compression unit and used my new roller. I haven't mentioned my medical grade compression unit that I bought off ebay, but I'll get to that soon.



Fueled by Positivity Episode Recommendation
I've recommended a few Fueled by Positivity Episodes, but I think the episode titled Why We Run is my favorite thus far. What I like about the episode is that is isn't deep and theoretical. It is practical. In this episode, people talk about why they run and truths about runners. Nicole said that she started running, because it was the only sport open to her in 6th grade. One of the things that I love about running is that running is sometimes challenging. It is sometimes easy, but if you get out the house, you are a runner. Anyone can run and even compete at the age of 10 or 85. It is a great sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment