Share buttons

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tuesday, 4/24/18

I made a decision, on Saturday, to take a few days off from training. My run on Saturday was difficult. I couldn't imagine my quad taking me 17 or 18 miles on Sunday. I think if I keep pushing, I'm going to find myself seriously compromised. I'm not running again until Thursday. I'll be concentrate on recovery for the next few days. I'd rather lose 4 days and actually run the marathon, than keep pushing and be out completely.  Hopefully, a little rest gets me back on track.

Pineapple-Orange Juice
I have been doing my hip exercises faithfully, and juicing every day. I usually don't juice fruits, but pineapples are an excellent anti-inflammatory foods, so I've been juicing a lot of pineapples lately. The juice is green in the pic, because I juiced the peel, too. If you juice the peel of a pineapple, be sure to use some kind of veggie soap to wash the peel. Pineapple peels hold onto bacteria. You can also make a tea out of the peels.

No comments:

Post a Comment