Share buttons

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Book Review Dust Tracks on a Road 1/9/2018

I love to read as much as I love to run.  I just finished Dust Tracks on a Road.  It was a wonderful book.  My review, that you can find on goodreads, is as follows.


Dust Tracks on a RoadDust Tracks on a Road by Zora Neale Hurston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This autobiography is a collection of memories and short stories. Zora Neal Hurston uses her life as a backdrop to let a loose plot unfold. Her talent as a storyteller shines through and is the star of the book. She paints vivid pictures, and the pace is just right. Hurston tells us what she wants us to hear and leaves out quite a bit, but I didn’t really want more. She told me the one thing I wanted to know which was what was going on in her mind when she wrote Her Eyes Were Watching God. In my opinion, that book is a Harlem Renaissance masterpiece. If I was left wanting anything, it was more about her process in writing it.

I’m going to let everyone else debate about Hurston’s politics, plagiarism or whatever. This book is intriguing, interesting and entertaining. I'm going with 5 stars all the way.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment