Share buttons

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Speedwork Tuesday, 1/30/2018

Yesterday, I ran a 5.5 mile recovery run.  I needed a break to get ready for my first speed day.  My schedule called for (12) 400s at 1:44.

When I got up this morning, I skipped breakfast (coffee only), but I did use compression on my legs for about 20 minutes.  I packed some left-over spaghetti & meatballs, a banana, a 330 calorie lean cuisine, 20 oz. of water & a vitamin water.  That is probably less than 900 calories.  I should have eaten something for breakfast. I meant to have a scoop of Ucan & mix some tailwind, but I forgot.  I remembered as soon as I drove off, but I didn’t feel like going back.

I was a little bit nervous, but I feel great about the training.  I was able to pull out good numbers, and I only stopped the watch once for about ten seconds to drink some water after the 6th interval.





No comments:

Post a Comment