Share buttons

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Day 5 Patellofemoral Joint Replacement

I woke up at about 5:30 AM in some pain. I got up, popped a pill, and the pain subsided pretty quickly. I still haven't been able to go to the bathroom, despite taking all kinds of stuff to make it happen. I'm taking Magnesium Citrate, a prescription stool softener, and yesterday I added Senokot. Nothing is happening, and I'm getting concerned.

I was given two exercise by my PT to do. One was to tense my quad muscle. He told me that at some point, i would be able to lift my leg. When I did the tensing exercise this morning, my leg popped up. I couldn't believe it. I was pretty excited. I also did my leg bend exercise and increased the range of motion between my coins to 8 3/4 inches. I've already done these two exercises once. I plan to do them one more time before bed.

I walked on the TM for 10 minutes at .8 speed and level 1 elevation. I iced afterwards, but I did feel a tight afterwards. there were some weird, sporadic pains during the walk

No comments:

Post a Comment