Share buttons

Friday, June 23, 2023

Week 4: Days 22-24 Patellofemoral Joint Replacement

 Wednesday, June 21, 2023

My PT session was earlier than usual, so I got an early start on my own PT. I always start with 5 minutes on the bike. This time I moved the seat down to its normal position. I wasn't able to get around without lifting my hip, so I basically just went back and forth. I did some upper body stuff, ab work and the hip routine before settling into the PT knee exercises. I ended with 5 minutes backward, uphill on the TM and about .75 miles forward.

PT was at noon. I like to get measured every week. I was measured at 121 & -5. -5 is a big disappointment because I have been working so hard to straighten my leg. For example, in addition to my normal PT exercises, I spent an additional 55 minutes in some kind of passive stretch yesterday. I worked very hard last week with zero improvement. It is disappointing. I spend a lot of time scouring the internet for exercises to help me with extension. I found a new one that I'm hopeful about, so I'll be adding it into the routine.


Thursday, June 22, 2023

I didn't feel good. My knee hurt and I was nauseous. I'm barely taking any medication. I can't figure out what is going on.


Friday, June 23, 2023

I've come to the conclusion that the Tylenol is making me nauseous. I did not want to take any medication at all, but my husband because everything seems to make me sick in one way or another. My husband insisted because my knee was hurting. I took ibuprofen and did not have any ill effects.

Of course, I did my morning exercises, including a hip routine abs and upper body. I took the dog on a short 1 mile hike. I went to PT and went on a 1.76 mile hike in the early evening. I slacked a little bit on straightening my leg. I only did exercises about 6 times. Usually, I get it about ten different times during the day. I can honestly say that all the work on this one thing doesn't seem to be making the slightest difference. I would bet if the PT measured me, I'd be -4 or -5. All I can do is what I'm doing. I am working as hard as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment