Share buttons

Friday, June 9, 2023

Week 2: Day 9 Patellofemoral Joint Replacement

 Thursday 6/9/2023

I woke up at about 3AM in a lot of pain, but I didn't take anything. I finally fell back to sleep, and when I woke up again, I was in a little less pain. My body reacts very badly to opioids. So I decided to just take Celebrex and Tylenol, today.

I did two rounds of my exercises and I walked 30 minutes in the park, with my walker. I don't really put weight on the walker, but I am so much more confident when I have it. I'm really afraid of falling. 

My walking is pretty terrible, but by watching a video tape, I have finally figured out what my pt meant by I'm not pushing off. On a TM, I look pretty normal, but on the street, It looks like I'm dragging around a log. It feels to me like I'm pushing off, but its more like I'm dragging around a log. I got a little better when I concentrated on feeling the pushing off in my toes and concentrated on the heel plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment