Share buttons

Monday, June 5, 2023

Day 6 Patellofemoral Joint Replacement

Despite all my efforts, I was still constipated in the morning. I was in some pain last night, but I didn't take any pain medications this morning, because not only does it make me nauseous but obviously it is making me constipated. The quicker that I can get off of the stuff the better. I increased my dosage of Sinokot last night and I took two magnesiums on an empty stomach in the morning. Even after coffee, nothing happened. I really didn't want to have to do it, but I had to take a stimulant suppository. Nothing happened, so I called my doctor. His office suggested an enema. Ugh... In the end, everything got moving, but too much. I need to ask the Doc for a different pain medication.

The PT was supposed to show up at the house yesterday, but he didn't. No call, no nothing. I've got some questions, so its a good thing I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.

On Day 6 June gloom was in full effect, weatherwise, and my mood matched it. I was sick of dealing with the effects of the pain medication and annoyed that the PT didn't show up or bother to call.

I nice thing to happen was that some friends brought us a delicious dinner of pork chops, potatoes and green beans. They even included dessert. It was delicious and a welcome respite for my hubby.

I'm done dealing with the pain medication, so no medication before bed. I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment